Thursday, July 18, 2013

Second sale comes out of a message on Etsy

Tonight I made my second sale on Etsy! I received a conversation (the way to communication on Etsy) asking about the menu board. I didn't think too much about this. I had received a question about the washer necklace a few days ago and nothing came of this. The question asked if the lettering was on the outside of the frame, and if the blue paper was interchangeable. I responded that it could be made in different colors and this got the ball rolling.

Thank goodness for modern technology. We messaged back and forth about ten times today and settled upon some options. I assembled the frame with her selected colors, bubble-wrapped it up (extra nice since Marjory and I know the post office is not very careful sometimes!), and packaged it nicely.

The finished custom item

This woman requested a "candy apple green" color to fit in her candy apple green and cherry red kitchen. It sounds bright and cheery and good enough to eat. (It also reminded me of Jess and Brandy's kitchen.)

I tried to block the reflection with a beach towel that you can absolutely see. Oh well. 

As soon as she ordered the custom item, I printed the shipping label. This is a much easier option to do on Etsy to send via USPS and they simply bill you the amount. Since I purchased a kitchen scale to weigh packages, it makes it easy-peasy. 

This conversation inspired me to make a few more menu boards and a grocery list board that I use, but have not listed as an Etsy item yet. I took some pictures, so look for some more items to come. Actually, I have four jewelry items awaiting edited pictures and listings, so I guess I need to get busy listing. 

Feeling optimistic tonight...completely opposite of my grumpy self this morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment