Friday, July 5, 2013

New listings are up!

I've got quite a few new listings on Etsy now. Two days ago, I finally got the pictures of the new washer necklace in pink and coral and the two jewelry frames. After I took some close up shots of the necklace, I was going to get prettied up and take a shot wearing the necklace. That didn't happen. Instead, I took a selfie pic wearing the necklace and my swimsuit. Yep, that navy blue top is a swim suit. When I have to do anything outside for more than five minutes, it involves some time in the pool afterward. 

Pepper was a close alternate for a photo op. It didn't showcase the necklace enough to make it in the top five. 

She didn't appreciate being a model. 

I had some fun staging the jewelry frame organizers. I grabbed some of my turquoise and white jewelry to stage. I wish I had a place to hang them up outside to photograph them in natural light. Still, I think they turned out well. 


On Tuesday night, I was having trouble falling asleep so I pulled out the beads again. I told myself I wasn't going to make more earrings, since I had already stockpiled quite a few. There is also a lot of competition for earrings, so I wanted to try some different things and see what struck gold. So why did I go back to beads? I had set aside quite a few pairs of stone beads to make into earrings to get rid of remaining beads. These have been sitting along the back of my craft table for close to a month, so I decided to do something about them. I made nine sets of earrings rather quickly - this is a reason I love making earrings. 

Wednesday was dedicated to taking pictures of the earrings. I was a little more systematic taking these pictures. I pulled out the white nightstand table from our guest room to use as a prop. It was great, except that the earrings did not stay very well on the edge of the table. 


Sometimes they would fall off the table right before the timer expired. Whoops. 

I snapped from the 2-second timer instead of the 10-second timer, and had three main positions: front edge, top, side edge. I would set up the earring in each position, snap a few timed pictures from different angles, and move on. I had to do this in two batches due to the heat. When the wax in your candle prop starts to bead in the heat, you know it's time to stop. I wish I had snapped a shot to mark a new set of earrings, like Meeka or the pool in between pairs. When you photograph six almost identical sets of earrings, it is not all that easy to find the differentiating shots. 

So tonight, again failing to fall asleep, I put the listings up for the earrings. Now I have 30 listings! See them here. Even though it is only 30 listings, I have 68 items for sale. There are quite a few duplicate earrings. 

Now I am going to try to sleep and await the arrival of my parents tomorrow night!






No comments:

Post a Comment