Wednesday, June 12, 2013

First Sale

Yesterday, I received my first sale! It was a bit of a shock when I checked my email and saw a notification from Etsy. I had to double check to make sure it was real. I was surprised to see it was from a fellow Mercy Bobcat, Nicole. We were close freshman year and seeing her name immediately brought me back to Ms. Kron's environmental science class at the very end of the hallway. I am touched to receive this support from a high school community that definitely has roots. Many current students can recount all the sisters, cousins, mothers, aunts, and grandmothers that also attended Mercy High School. So, to say the least, I was excited to see that first milestone reached. 

I gathered up the purchased necklace and wrapped it in tissue paper. I didn't have any turquoise/aqua/teal tissue paper, but that would be a nice touch. I may have to get some for future purchases. I jotted a personal thank you note - it was a nice chance to reconnect with a high school friend. I do not get the chance to see many of the high school crowd. I set up a return customer coupon discount of 15% and included it as well. It is gathered up, and on its way to Cincinnati!

Not going to go over the top with packaging like some Etsy stores, but I included some nice personal touches. 

1 comment: